The scientific activity includes experimental and translational topics. Main fields of research are:
- Analyses of pathogenic mechanisms of immunologic, rheumatologic, oncologic, neurologic, endocrinological, infectious and genetic diseases;
- Generation of new diagnostic tools that apply innovative nanotechnologies;
- Characterization of molecular circuits involved in Biomedicine through genomic and proteomic technologies;
- Generation of therapeutic vaccines for oncologic or autoimmune diseases;
- Generation of new biological agents as new drugs for oncological and autoimmune diseases;
- Identification of new hormonal agents useful for the treatment of endocrinological tumors;
- Characterization of oxidative stress related molecular patterns and of their modulators;
- Analysis of therapeutic potential of mesenchimal stem cells;
- Identification of neurologic receptors as therapeutic targets.
The quality of CEBR scientific activity is demonstrated by the number of scientific reports published on top-level scientific journal.